All the changes were made by Grazz
This thread is to show the progress of games of implementing missing microcode commands.
I'll add right to the game the ucode command which affected that game.List of microcode commands implemented and committed so far:
Tue Jun 2, 2009 GBI2_MV_MATRIX
Wed Jun 3, 2009GBI1_BranchZ and GBI2_BranchZ
Wend Jun 3, 2009G_MV_MATRIX_1
Sat Jun 6, 2009S2DEX BgCopy]
Rev399 [Grazz and Kreationz contributed ported code too]
Sat Jun 8, 2009Sprite2D_Base, Sprite2D_Flip, and partially Sprite2D_Draw
Rev415 [Salvy and Grazz for helping with display lists]
Sat Jul 4, 2009RSP_Last_Legion_0x00, RSP_Last_Legion_0x80, GBI0_Vtx_ShadowOfEmpire
Wed Jul 8, 2009GBI0_Vtx_GeminiList of games that got fixed:Mickey's Speedway USA
Logos, part of the menus Intro, and HUD shows up now[GBI0_Vtx_Gemini]Jet Force Gemini
Logos, part of the menus and HUD shows up now [GBI0_Vtx_Gemini]Toukon Road 2
- Everything shows up now! [RSP_Last_Legion_0x00, RSP_Last_Legion_0x80]Toukon Road - Brave Spirits
- Everything shows up now! [RSP_Last_Legion_0x00, RSP_Last_Legion_0x80]Last Legion UX
- Menus and Intro shows now. [RSP_Last_Legion_0x00, RSP_Last_Legion_0x80]Legend of Zelda : OOT
- Floors and most part of the death mountain is now visible. [GBI2_BranchZ]
[Green rooms]Link's house, stores and other backgrounds texture are now being display correctly. [S2DEX:BgCopy]
Legend of Zelda : MM
- All the invisible textures example: walls, ground, water, and other stuff is visible now. [GBI2_BranchZ]
Lens of truth semi fixed, still needs 2 more ucode commands.[S2DEX:BgCopy]Penny Racers
- Cars are visible now. [GBI2_BranchZ]Star Wars Episode I: Racer
- Ground is now visible [GBI2_MV_MATRIX]LEGO Racers
- GBI2 Movemem loop gone, great speed up. Now is only missing 1 more ucode command. [Need to check properly which commands fixed it]Disney's Donald Duck Goin' Quackers
- You can see everything now, before it looked like a huge polygon. Still missing 4 more ucode commands. [GBI2_MV_MATRIX and MV_MATRIX_1]
- GBI2 MoveMem loop gone, not noticeble changes game been almost perfect before except movem loop.[Need to double check what ucode command fixed it]Rayman 2 - The Great Escape
- Almost everything fixed, still missing 4 more ucodes. Huge improvements [GBI2_MV_MATRIX and MV_MATRIX_1]Mischief Makers
- Textures don't disappear anymore
[Need to check which ucode fixed it]Pokemon Snap
- Pokemons show up now !!!! Still missing DMA_SPECIAL_1 ucode to allow camara movement. [GBI1_BranchZ]Kirby 64
- Kirby is now visible
HUD is now visible [S2DEX:BgCopyRoadsters
- Cars are visible now [GBI1_BranchZ]Top Gear Rally
- Items on the menu example trophy show up now. [Sprite2D_Draw]Wipeout
- HUD, Menus and In-Game menus, they look mess up but atleast they show up now !!! [Sprite2D_Base, Sprite2D_Flip,Sprite2D_Draw]Space Station Silicon Valley
- Intro Screen, Menus and in-game menus show up now. [Sprite2D_Base, Sprite2D_Flip,Sprite2D_Draw]Destruction Derby 64
- Menus and logos appear now, they look perfect. [S2DEX:BgCopy]Snowboard Kids 2
- Characters in-game are visible now. [G_Branch_Z ]List of games that got broken :Disney's Tarzan
- Environments are degraded, but game was already messed up still needs more ucode commands to be implemented. [GBI2_MV_MATRIX]Top Gear Rally
- Cars are invisible now. [G_MV_MATRIX_1]Work in Progress :------------------------------------------------------------
I'll be updating this thread as more games are reported as fixed or improved on either of those revs that were implemented missing microcode commands.
Also I'll be adding for info and screenshots how the games looked before and after.
Since we are not sure 100% of all the games that might be affected since we lack the docs that say what games use those microcodes commands, best way is to test games and report them if they get fixed or broken.
Please report any results as if XXXX game got fixed, broken, or improved.
and picture (optional) is welcome
Don't forget to thank Grazz, since he has helped alot !